When: Monday, October 23, 2017 at 7:00 pm
Where: PS 290 The Manhattan New School Cafeteria - 311 East 82nd
Councilman Ben Kallos, District 5
Sarah Evans, PhD
Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
Paula Rogovin, K-203 teacher
Panelists will address:
- What do scientists and doctors say is the impact of pesticides (such as the ones used in NYC parks, playgrounds and public spaces on children and adults?
- Why is the pesticide, Roundup (with glyphosate) considered particularly dangerous for all people?
- What are the alternatives to toxic pesticides?
- What is INTRO 0800 and why is it so urgent to get at least 26 votes to pass this bill in the City Council?
- How can we work together to get the City Council of NYC to pass INTRO 0800?
Please help up get the word out. We want to fill up the cafeteria!
The pesticides and herbicides used in our city's parks are toxic. Below are links to articles written by renowned scientists and doctors who have performed extensive research on the effects of these toxins on our environment and our kids. Please take a few minutes to read these articles then click on the "TAKE ACTION" button above for a simple way to ask city council members to vote "yes" for INTRO 0800.